събота, 15 декември 2007 г.

"We'll sing the baby asleep together" (Bild)

We'll sing the baby asleep together
Bild, 29th June 2003

Congratulations for the pregnancy! Have you already decided who will sing the baby asleep?
That's something we both will do. Marc already writes his own child songs...

When did you notice that you were pregnant?
Three weeks ago. My mother brought me a pregnancy test. It was a wonderful, sunny day, I had had breakfast in the garden with my mum and my sisters. Then I made the test...

And what did you think when you saw that it was positive?
I only thought: Wow! There was a lot of happiness and also respect for the new task in that feeling. But the happiness soon wiped away the other feelings.

Who did you tell first?
My mum. I delightfully ran to her in the garden. She was completely overhelmed.

And Marc?
Oh yeah, that was a drama! He was in Asia with his band "Natural", his cell phone doesn't work there. I left countless messages to him. As he finally called back, I could hardly speak because of my emotions. I said to him in tears: You'll be a father! We'll get a baby. And he asked quite suprised, why do I cry then as it's so wonderful news. He was really happy.

Was it immediately clear that you would keep the baby?
I didn't think about making an abort for one second. It's all perfect for a baby. Marc and I love each other and we're doing financially very well.

Will you marry?
Yeah, but still no concrete date. I want our child to get the surname of Marc. It would be nice if the wedding would be before the birth.

Have you already thought about the first name?
We don't yet know whether it's a boy or a girl! Marc suggests me a lot of new names every day - but I will only think about it when we'll know if it's a boy or a girl.

Have you already been in the ultrasonic testing?
Yeah, on the past week. That was such a moving moment when we saw the beating baby heart for the first time. There wasn't much more you could regocnize yet.

Will Marc be there for the birth?
He and my mother, maybe ever my sister. Marc used to be rescue assintant and thinks that he's seen enough relieving to master it alone. However, I would like a doctor to help me to relieve the tension.

To this day, you haven't seen each other too often in your relationship. Will that change?
We'll move together, but don't have any concrete plans on where and when.

How will you bring up your kid?
S/he will grow up to speak two languages. Marc will speak english with him/her and I'll speak mostly German. We both were brought up very liberally, had clear rules at home, but were never slagged off or treated too strickt. I don't see a reason to do anything differently than my mum did with me.

Няма коментари: