събота, 15 декември 2007 г.

Sarah in Love (Petra)

Sarah in Love
Petra, August 2003

Life is sweet for the German Queen of Pop: Sarah Connor is happily in love, plans to move to Florida - and tries a fashionable image change for the exclusive Petra photoshoot.

"For me music is like chocolate. I often become really hungry for certain songs." And also for the finest designer outfits. Sarah Connor wears a pink, multilayer chiffon dress by Dolce & Gabbana. Ring: Xenia. Chain: Cherubin


"I know that with my figure I'm not the classic model type." We don't agree... Greish blue chiffon tunika by Diane von Fürstenberg. Shoes: Sarah's own


"I've never taken drugs and no one has ever offered them to me!" She doesn't need them either: for Petra Sarah Connor experienced a real high: yellow top by Baby Ceylon, rosa chiffon miniskirt by Ermanno Scervino


She can hang the gold records on her walls at home in the mean time: Sarah Connor, 23, is one of Germany's real popstars. One with a great voice and with a great success. Sexy, sporty, cool - that's Sarah Connor in her videos. But in Petra fashion photoshoot the most famous girl of the country appeared unusually romantic and the very-much-in-love woman also showed up in the interview.

Why do people think that it's so funny that you come from Delmenhorst and still live there as well?
No idea. I think that's it's a German phenomeon. Sarah Connor and Delmenhorst - I don't understand the contradiction. The urge to make music comes from the soul and has nothing to do with where you come from.

Is your small hometown like a safe zone for you where you can walk down the streets freely and undisturbed?
I think that all the kids there have my autograph (laughs). But in the morning when I go out with my both labradors Bob and Marley, I have many, many kids around, that are taking their little brothers or sisters to the kindergarten. Then we have a crowd of 20 people that go walking.

Can you still go down to a pub for a beer in the evenings?
Yeah, I don't style myself then, just go with a sweater and a cap. I'm private then and meet my friends. My favourite pub is very peaceful. By the way, I live right next to it. But it's not loud at all.

Did your landlords have doubts about renting the flat to a popstar? They're noisy and famous...
I was the one who warned my landlords! They really didn't know what was coming. I said: It can be that there are people standing at the front door. And I also listen to music loud. But my landlords are cool, young people that have seven kids. I like to have children in the house. I am used to that.

You are the oldest from a total of 6 childs. What do you learn in a large family?
You learn to say what you want - and how to get it. My parents have always said: You have to do what feels right and what your heart says. When I'm on tour tour I miss my family so much. We get on so well. On the road people are really nice to me, but when I close the door in the evening my little sister is not there giving me a kiss. And my boyfriend isn't there either. (Marc Terenzi, singer in the US boyband Natural)

You have tatooed M for Marc in your inner wrist. That doesn't only sound very painful, but very romantic. Is Marc the One?
It was love at first sight. I really wanted it to work out. He wanted it too. But for a long time, we were afraid to say it to each other. Sometimes one would like to shout it out: I'm totally infatuated! I had never been together with anyone on the music industry. The guys before have been quite normal, doing nine to five.

And how does this German-American relationship work out? At the end of the day you live in Delmenhorst and Marc in Orlando...
When he has 3 days off he immediately comes here to be with me and when I have a couple of days off I fly straight to Florida. We have the financial possibilities, which is a real advantage too. But flying back and forth is not a permanent thing. On the long view, we'd like to buy a house in Florida. I like the place so much - hot and sunny. But that would only be a second home country. I need my family and friends. Leaving everything behind permanently? Never!

Is jealousy a topic that you talk about together?
You can always cheat someone. Although people say that in our jobs we're always under someone's eye. Of course that's true. But I wouldn't know if he would cheat me when he's in Asia and he wouldn't know if I would meet some guy behind my house. You have to trust each other. I've never been so open with anyone before Marc, he is my best friend.

As a boyband singer, your boyfriend has a big lot of groupies. Why there isn't any male groupies for female popstars?
Sometimes you get very direct offers from guys, but will they wait at your hotel to perhaps be picked up? No. Honestly, men are a lot shyer than women. I have a scene in my stage shows, where I pick up a guy from the audience. He's tied to a chair. Then I come, I'm all over him. If he'd want to kiss me, he could. But there hasn't been one time when the man had had the guts to do anything. If Michael Jackson would do that for me, believe me, I'd kiss him immediately!

Interview by: Carolin Streck

Няма коментари: