събота, 15 декември 2007 г.

German diva with a thing for English men (Maxim UK)

German diva with a thing for English men
Maxim (UK), May 2003

She may be relatively unknown in this country, but you're about to hear a lot more of Sarah Connor. Because Germany's top female solo artist is set to embark on a full frontal assault on the shores of Blighty. 'I've enjoyed a lot of success across Europe but Britain is the one market I really want to crack,' says the German-born 22-year-old. And, given her predilection for British boys, crack we surely will. 'I'm really looking forward to the English gigs because I love English guys. You're the only men in Europe who look like you actually take care of your hair.
Can you arrange for some English guys with good hair to turn up at my hotel?' Not exactly a diva demand of J-Lo proportions but we're sure it can be arranged.
So, given that she speaks perfect English, which tongue does she prefer to use in the bedroom? 'It depends on my mood,' she laughs. 'But when my boyfriend and I are on the job I'm probably talking in German.'
As well as talking a good game, her pop credentials look impeccable. As a schoolgirl she even survived a close encounter with Michael Jackson. 'I got picked from my school to perform alongside him at one of his huge concerts in Germany.'
So nothing strange to report about the 'prince of pop'? 'No, he was a very kind man. He even took a Kleenex from his pocket and cleaned my cheeks.'
Evidently nothing fazes Ms Connor. But British fans should perhaps be a tad more selective than their German counterparts with their tokens of affection. 'I get sent a lot of fan mail but some of it can get pretty weird. I recently opened a letter to find a used condom attached to it. What did he expect me to do, sign it?'
Sarah's new single 'He's Unbelievable' is out on March 31. The album Unbelievable is out on April 14

Няма коментари: