събота, 15 декември 2007 г.

Official Site Interview

Official Site Interview
www.sarahconnor.de, November 2001

Have you done all that singing in the bars kind of business?
Yes, I’ve done all that. The smallest gig was in a little bar with about 20 or 30 people, and just me singing with an electric keyboard. The people in the bar were hooligans and they didn’t want to hear it that night but I was like, "I want to sing, I’ve been paid to sing here". Then they turned the electricity off so I couldn’t play. That was very embarrassing; I was really angry and I was shouting!!

How did you get into music?
I grew up with soul music, so it was a matter of course that I’d do something in that area. My grandfather was born in New Orleans and he was very musical, so we had a lot of blues and soul influences when I was growing up. I sang in gospel choirs and I started doing musicals and theatre stuff at school when I was 14.

When did you decide to sing professionally?
When I was 15 or 16 I started to send tapes off to record companies and started dealing with them. I had offers from different record companies but I couldn’t choose - none of them was right for me. It took at least three years.

The single, "Let’s Get Back To Bed, Boy" sounds rude?
Yeah, sure. It’s sexy. I hate it when people talk around things, I like to come to the point. It’s a package with a clear message but a playground melody so it’s not too rude. It’s only one of my many faces, there’s a whole pool of songs, which are all different.

How did you hook up with TQ?
I sent him a package with a CD and some pictures. We wanted to put a rap part in the song and he was the first artist I thought of. When I sing "Let’s get back to bed - boy", he’s the boy. I didn’t believe he’d do it but a week later he called me, I was really surprised and I thought someone was fooling me! He recorded his part in the US so the first time we met was at the video shoot. It was fun. He was very nice.

Was there romance between you?
Well, we got along well with each other - that’s all I can say. We’re both Gemini so it’s a good fit.

Have you got a boyfriend right now?
I haven’t got one yet but I’d love to have one. I can’ imagine having a boyfriend in this business but I don’t want to talk about music and show business the whole day!

Няма коментари: